COVID-19 update- We’re ramping up-cautiously
Medspa Services and elective procedures now available!
We have been closely monitoring the recommendations of local, state, and federal authorities as well as advisories issued by authoritative medical organizations Based on these recommendations, and along with the Lawrence Surgery Center and Lawrence Memorial Hospital, we began relaxing our restrictions on elective procedures and office visits beginning May 4. Medspa services will resume on May 18.
Despite these relaxed restrictions, we must all remain cautious and vigilant to avoid a resurgence of the disease in our community. In our office, we have taken the following measures.
- Frequent and thorough disinfection of rooms between patients.
- Extra time between patient visits to allow for disinfection and minimize waiting room traffic.
- Frequent disinfection and wiping down of office areas, reception area, and common areas.
- Removal of magazines, closure of our beverage station and other changes in our reception area to enhance safety.
- Continuing telehealth visits when appropriate to minimize office visits.
- Masks and other PPE are being worn by office and clinical staff as recommended,
- Continual review of evolving local, state, and federal guidelines to assure compliance with these standards.
- Staff remain committed to social distancing outside of work hours.
For our patients, we require:
- Masks must be worn by all patients while in the office
- Family members, friends, etc., should not accompany patients in the office unless necessary for the patient’s care. Those providing transport will be asked to wait in their vehicle.
- Patients should arrive at their scheduled appointment time. If you arrive early, please call our office desk before entering the office to make sure we are ready for you.
- Patients that are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be rescheduled and referred as appropriate for further evaluation, testing, and treatment.
At this time, it is not possible to provide testing to all patients in our community. In order to provide the safest experience possible, we ask that that patients answer the following questions truthfully:
- Have you travelled outside of the state in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you had contact with a person with known or suspected COVID-19?
- In the past 2 weeks have you experienced:
- Fever (greater than 100.4), chills, rigors (shaking)
- Cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath
- Body aches (myalgia)
- General malaise
- Change in sense of smell or taste
If the answer is yes to any of these questions we will discuss this further. We may advise postponing the office visit or procedure and refer patients elsewhere for further testing or treatment.
We look forward to seeing many of you again after all these weeks of difficult restrictions. The low incidence of cases and hospitalizations in our community reflect not just good luck but hard work and sacrifice by the health care professionals, public health officials, and true community cooperation. Please be patient during this transition period as we cautiously ease back into providing our full range of services.
Medspa services- We’re open again!
Beginning on May 18th we are once again providing our full range of Aesthetician services. Patty and Cheri have been in touch with many of our patients whose treatments had been put on hold and have already been scheduling appointments. All the services you’ve come to appreciate including Botox, dermal fillers, laser treatments, Hydrafacial, SkinPen microneedling, microblading, permanent cosmetic makeup and more are now all available. Naturally, we will be taking extra precautions to protect our patients and our staff. Careful screening, more time between patients, N-95 masks, face shields, and much more will be part of our routine for the foreseeable future. But these measures are necessary for us to provide our services in the safest way possible.